Simple healthy breakfast or snack food for 2. It is so simple that you can do on any backpacking trips to substitute bread. Crepe is a French word and originated from France, it is a thin pancake that you can add any filling or spreading to go with it.
Ingredient for Crepe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
*As milk is not ideal to carry on backpacking trip, you can use milk powder mix with water.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, egg and salt.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add a teaspoon of butter and lightly coat the surface of the pan with the melted butter.
- Pour one quarter cup of the batter into the pan and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface in a smooth and even layer.
- After two minutes, lift up an edge of the crepe with a spatula to see if it is browning. When the underside has started to brown, flip the crepe and cook the other side until the same, it takes about 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to cook the remaining crepes. Serve hot.
- Next just add anything you like, we have here is a banana wrap crepe topped with whip cream, strawberry and chocolate. You can use honey, jam or butter to your own preference.