|8 May 2011|
浸水營古道 JinShuiYing Trail is one of the southern most cross island hiking trail. Used during the Ming Dynasty and Japanese occupation, this trail from Fangliao in Pingtung to Dawu in Taitung is currently very popular with MTBers.
The actual trail head starts from the middle of the cross island. It is around 17km and can be completed in 4hr(fast) or 7hrs(slow). You will still need to hike another 5km if you are heading to Dawu train station. The hike is mostly down hill and can be very slippery at some stretch. If I remembered correctly, there are at least 3 evening trains from Dawu to Fangliao. Anyway here is the Train Timetable.
Hiking this trail proves to be a challenge in transportation because is a one way hike. Most hikers and bikers will go in group so that they can cater a transport and head up to the trail head.
Options to go on this trail
- MTB or Hike drop at Fangliao train station, head to 歸崇派出所 GuiChong Police station to register, this is the Police Station to register for the trail, from there hike to trail head. This option is long and you might need 2 days planning.
- From Fangliao train station hire a transport around NT2500. This is a new development, Contact: PanMuTeng Tel: 0930773013 / 0929935633. 新開社區發展協會：接駁車及其他有關浸水營古道事項詢問等等，聯絡人、發展協會理事長：潘木籐。電話：0930773013 / 0929935633. 每輛車2500元
- Arrange 2 vehicle, one stop at Fangliao train station or 春日鄉 ChunRi Township near the police station and the other vehicle drive up to the trail head and park there. We tried this method but somehow found the timing will be very late to pick up the vehicle at trail head.
- Hike or MTB to a temple 一旨靈山寶殿 and spend a night, continue the next day. There is no fixed rate for the accommodation but you get AC, hot shower. Advise to donate above NT100. Tel: (08) 863 221 8 , Contact: Zhang Mingxiong for RESERVATION. 屏東縣崁頂鄉（村）振興路20-1號
- FangLiao Train Station - 歸崇派出所 GuiChong Police Station 9.1Km
- 歸崇派出所 GuiChong Police Station - Trail Head 21.8Km
- 浸水營古道 JinShueiYing Trail - suspension bridge 17.4Km
- Suspension Bridge - Dawu Train Station 5.1Km
Start the trail early, latest 930am you should be heading off in the trail. Driving from police station to trail head 21.8Km will take around an hour plus.
- take along first aid kit and insect repellent for leeches preferable OFF brand
- do not attempt this trail during wet season. River might swell and trail can be very slippery
- register at Police Station
- ground can be slippery even on dry season
- prepare for river cross at the later stage.
- bring wet and rain gears
- take along extra food and water
- if MTB, bring along bike bag or trash bag to pack your bike if you planning to take the train
- driving in the dark from the Police Station to Trail head is not recommended, some part of the roads can be very dangerous.
歸崇派出所 GuiChong Police Station
Road to trail head
Next time I will go by MTB!!!